|Location||Dublin, Dublin City, Leinster|
|Discipline:||Asset Management and Investment Funds|
|Contact name:||Rory McCormick|
|Published:||4 months ago|
We have an exciting new Commercial Legal Counsel opportunity available with our New York based client, a leader in investment consulting and solutions. This is a great opportunity to join their Dublin team within a dynamic and rapidly growing area of the business that has accelerated across emerging markets. As a result the successful candidate will play a key role in supporting our client’s customers base across Europe and Asia.
About the role:
The successful candidate will have responsibility primarily for the provision of legal support with respect to the firm’s activities in the Irish and European market with respect to external clients and third party managers.
About the firm:
With a global footprint in over 100 countries and c145bn in assets under management across Europe, our client is widely recognized as the leader in global assets under advisement.
Their service offering is provided across traditional and alternative asset classes and is underpinned by a range of regulated investment funds to implement a manager-of-managers operating model.
??? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? Responsibilities:
- Provide practical, business-oriented advice on the client’s engagements with institutional clients and third party asset managers
- Manage key internal stakeholders such as Sales, Business Development, Client Services, Strategy, Investment Consulting, Fund Design
- Work closely with the business and their external legal counsel and third party legal counsel in relation where appropriate, to include negotiation and management of costs of outside counsel
- Provide practical, business-oriented advice on the firm’s new service offerings, regulation impacting products, applicable governance requirements, service passporting and on emerging issues
- Co-ordinate, draft and negotiate investment management agreements with third party asset managers, to include amendments to such, fee agreements and a variety of other associated legal agreements
- Holds a current practicing certificate
- c2-5 years PQE, with relevant asset management experience in an in-house role (preferred) and/or law firm
- A strong understanding of regulatory and legal structures relating to the European investment management industry
- Experience of dealing with the CBI (Central Bank of Ireland) and a strong working knowledge of MiFID, AIFMD and UCITS exposure is required
- Understanding of legal and regulatory risks associated with the investments business and legal options required to manage these risks
- Be able to clearly articulate and educate business colleagues on key legal and regulatory issues and developments
Currently there is a hybrid working model in place that facilitates WFH/Office participation that will be part of how the firm operates going forward. Aside from this, the business are offering a highly competitive remuneration package and strong bonus.
To discuss this role on a confidential basis, please contact Rory McCormick on 0834396725 or apply directly online.
By submitting your details you agree to our Tnc